Friday, April 20, 2012

RIP JAA

I used to wear this for her, for her fight against cancer. And she was doing alright; she was my definition of LiveStrong. And then, her husband died…

As I was told, they had spent a beautiful afternoon together, her, her husband, and their adorable 10-year-old son. When they got home, her husband said he felt like taking a walk, and that she and her son should go visit her sister. He walked and they went, and then God took him, at 45 years old, away from his wife and son who both needed him more than ever…

I slept that entire night without knowing, without feeling, until the next morning…

You tell me its life, that I didn’t know him, and that I don’t even know her too well either. Just people in the book of life, who’ve lost people, like everyone loses someone they love, and that there are worse tragedies in this world. And I won’t disagree. But I’ll insist that I do know her, and that she’s a good one, and good ones get to me…

This afternoon, I went to his funeral at church. Among the tens of people there, I only knew one person there, her… she looked in the saddest state I’d ever seen her in. And I came to understand how one could feel so alone when surrounded by so many people…

I wanted to get up and hug her, to tell her that I was there, that it would be ok again. But God, my heart feels things it doesn’t show, and my mind thinks things I can’t put into words…

But keep Living Strong, please LiveStong…

No comments:

Post a Comment