Thursday, April 19, 2012

My New Underwater Camera

When it comes to cameras, I have one word: CANON! I've been shooting left and right these days, but about two years ago near summer’s end, I noticed an ad on a billboard on the Tripoli-Beirut highway, for an underwater camera and I thought, wouldn't I love to have one?! Two summers passed and so did my thought about having one. Until…

A couple of weeks ago, one of my good friends Mohamad called me up, asking if I wanted anything from his upcoming business trip to New York. He was obviously expecting me to say a new lens, but then the idea of an underwater camera floated up again! Yes! I did a little research and found an good contender, behold:

Its 16ft waterproof, 5ft shockproof, -10 degrees freezproof, dustproof, with HD video recording in MP4 format, and Mega O.I.S. (optical Image Stabilizer)… all for $195! Sweet or Sweet?!

Of course I’ll never stop shooting with CANON, but I’m really looking forward to using this little beauty at the beach and underwater this summer! Will keep you posted! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Mabrouk! I'm pretty sure you'll have fun with it! I bought a Sony TX-10 (water proof as well) right before I went to Thailand last summer and had so much fun with it there, and the video quality was awesome underwater.
    It's definitely much more practical than having a bulky DSLR on you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete