Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Happy Father’s Day?

Let me start this off on a positive note, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY, especially to my dad who is the best dad in the world, I love you so much more than words can say! Family First! :-)

But on a different note, a much sadder one, one of my closest friend’s dad was diagnosed with liver cancer a couple of months ago, and on the day of Y&H’s wedding, she called me, in tears. Her father had unfortunately been rushed to the hospital as the cancer had spread to his spine, and he was quickly slipping away. I tried my best to keep her positive, telling her that it was going to be okay. But this morning, she messaged me with the unfortunate news that he hadn't made it, and that he had left the world and gone to a hopefully better place…

My heart sank; it’s so cruel how life can sometimes be, especially to a wonderful family like her's. And losing a father on father's day, I’m at a loss for words; I don’t know what to say :-( But to keep a little hope in the air, I’m going to end with this quote:

“If you were once connected with someone, does it make sense that the connection is broken just because of physical death? No, the connection stays. You may just have to listen differently. You may just have to talk differently. The truth is: the connection is never broken. It’s quite impossible to break the most powerful connection in the universe. As long as you exist, the connection stays…”

Our Loss Is Heaven’s Gain

No comments:

Post a Comment