Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter Trip To The Cedars '11

Ever since the collapse of our government (no comment), I've been surrounded by a lot of people’s negative attitudes. It’s quite infectious but I’m quite immune, so I decided to spread a little positivity at work last week by organizing a trip to The Cedars!

Yesterday, we all met up at 8:00 A.M. (well, I’ll admit I was late, which was Micho’s fault because of Armin Van Buuren! :-P). We left Tripoli at 8:30 A.M. and arrived at The Cedars around 10:00 A.M. The road to get there was almost empty, there were few people there, and even fewer snow. But, with a group like ours, it’s all about fun!

Micho took us to the Army’s ski lift where we only had to pay LBP 4,000 for a ride up to the very top of the mountain and then back down again (about a 30 minute round trip). I got some snapshots of this winter wonderland (it’s the best I could get before my fingers almost snapped off from the cold!)

When I was a kid, there was nothing I loved more than tobogganing! But the last time I did that was probably when I was ten years old. Now, thirteen years later, we rented a toboggan and I don’t think Ive been more terrified sliding downhill at full speed, trying to avoid kids and beginner skiers. My legs are still aching from using them as brakes, and starting a snow fight with the kids. I got hit smack in the face with several snow balls, but I got my revenge. It was all exhilarating fun that I hadn't had in quite a while!

After that, it was time for lunch. We had booked thirty places at Le Pichet restaurant at Le Cedrus Hotel. The food was scrumptious, and I had burned an Arabic music mix. We asked the restaurant to play it, and turned our half of the place into a dance floor. I can’t even begin to describe how terrible I am at dancing, but despite my laughable moves, I didn't leave the dance floor…

What a beautiful day! Great weather, great time, and oh, I also got to tick “snow trip” off my 2011 resolution list. I love when things work out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment