Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SAVE AYA

So, who is Aya? “_There happily lived a loving family in a below average home outside Beirut and they were blessed with a beautiful little girl called Aya… She was born with a dying liver… With the support of her family she decided to fight, and up until the age of 7, that worked…

Then Aya stopped going to school, afraid her deformities would scare her classmates. But deep down inside, they actually scared her, driving her to pull out clumps of her own hair in anguish…

AYA IS NOW 13 AND SHE HAS NO MORE FIGHT LEFT IN HER…
She has 5 months left to live unless she gets $50,000 for a liver transplant…”

To tell the truth, I first heard about the “Save Aya” campaign through Mind Soup back in mid-October. I read more on the official site and smiled for the running of a good cause. And then, I forgot about it. A couple of days ago, I was reminded of it again through Gino's tweet. And after reading his blog post, I thought “I CAN SAVE AYA TOO!” So without a second thought, I pulled out the donation information and sent an OPO for Aya…

Honestly, it’s through little posts and pictures like the ones found here that inspire you to make a difference. And just like Gino’s post inspired me to help, I hope this inspires some readers to help too…

You can Donate Online through Bank Audi, Offline through Banque Libano-Francaise (Hep Attitude Positive / IBAN LB 48 0010 0000 0000 0001 2291 8939), or if you’re in Beirut through donation boxes available at CashUnited ABC Achrafieh and City Mall…

Only 40 days are left! Spread the word, help save a life… :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment