Thursday, April 22, 2010

I have a little confession to make…

On April 10th, 2010, Al Mouna Library at the Safadi Cultural Center launched a Writing Competition for a children’s book about Tripoli (in Arabic, English, or French). And because I love to write, I decided to enter it (but without broadcasting it to neither my friends nor family)…

Today, I got a phone call stating that the winners of the competition were going to be announced this afternoon and since I was a participant, I had to be there. So, I went. There were 9 winners: 3 for Best Arabic Books, 3 for Best English Books, and 3 for Best French Books. When the time came to announce the First Prize Winner for the Best English Book, you can imagine the shock I got when I heard my name! I’m still surprised that I won, I feel incredible!

I got this certificate, a complimentary check, and all the winning stories are going to be published in a book and distributed to schools and public libraries around Lebanon (hopefully by this summer). I’m so excited; this is definitely one of my greatest accomplishments! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Nour.!! Can't wait till it's published :)
    btw u removed ur last name from the certificate right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ymn! :-) and yeah, of course I did :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! First place! I'm proud of you Nouri! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Nour!!You're an amazing writer! i remember when u used to read to me the stories u wrote for creative writing class...they were the best stories i've ever heard! You're very talented, so keep up the good work and you might be the next top international best seller writer :) :)

    ReplyDelete