Tuesday, April 10, 2012

At The Top

While shopping at Dubai Mall a couple of days ago, I came across a bookstore, Kinokuniya. It’s huge, 68,000 square feet with more than half a million books and thousands of magazines! But this post isn't about a bookstore; it’s about a picture…

Though I had a world of words in front of me, I immediately went to the photography section to look for it. I didn't know what I was looking for, but it took me a good quarter of an hour to find it…

Later that night at the hotel, I took it out and discovered some interesting photo techniques for night photography and decided to try them out on our visit to Burj Khalifa the next night…

Thankfully, we had reserved tickets to Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world!) from Saturday for today, Tuesday (can you imagine between Saturday and Tuesday it was all sold out! And we’re lucky we even found places, the day before we were travelling!).

We were in line by 9:45pm and after a security check, we stood by the elevator. It’s quite a small elevator, and for a claustrophobic, I thought they could do much better. The elevator goes up 10 floors a second, and I could feel my eardrums pop. But then…

The view from the top was spectacular! The bright city lights and motion of the city from below was worth it all! And here’s where I took one of my favorite shots (click to enlarge):

No comments:

Post a Comment