Monday, March 12, 2012

For A Moment...

Have you ever met someone for the first time and said goodbye to them for the last time in the same day? On Saturday I did. I was with A and she told me that her mum was at the hospital, visiting her sick aunt. So we stopped by to pick her mum up, and she took me to upstairs to her aunt’s room. I went in to find her aunt in bed, with her cousins and mum by her side. They all welcomed me in and we sat and talked. A’s aunt asked me a couple of questions, we talked about Canada and I told her how I was born and had lived there, and she told me how her son and his family live there. We sat for around 20 minutes before we got up to leave. And the last thing I told her was: “Salamtik” (get well soon) and she smiled a heartfelt smile and said “Thank You, habibte”. Later that night, she passed away…

I didn't find out about her passing until this morning. I was one of the last people to have seen her. To have both met her and said goodbye to her in the same few moments. I’m still a little shocked at how suddenly it all happened. She seemed alright when I last saw her. And then, she was gone…

Rest in Peace... :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment