Saturday, July 23, 2011

The First Dance (Part 3/3)

It feels like only yesterday I was writing about A Friend’s Engagement. And now, 10 months later, she got married. The wedding was last night at the same venue the engagement had been at, only this time it was outdoors, and it was as beautiful as I’d imagined it’d be: the lights, the tables, the decorations, it was all in the romantic night...

For some reason though, I got too emotional. It was all in the moments, like when the bride first appeared with her father at her arm, and when the groom went up to greet the father and take the bride from his arm, and when the two newlyweds walked down the stairs to the dance floor with the guests all getting up to cheer and dance with them, and then the moment I’d come for: the first dance…

It was a song I’d never heard before, and one night later, I still can’t remember the lyrics nor tune they’d danced to, but like I said, it was all in the moments. And because she's a close friend of mine, I guess that's why I'd been so taken in by those "moments"...

Unfortunately, I wasn't having that great a night (health wise). That afternoon, I had come home from work with a horrible headache and I was feeling a bit queasy. Add to that the fact that when I went over to my friend’s house to leave together to the wedding, her dog charged at me and bit my leg. It was a little dog, thus a little bite, which turned out to be a minor scratch, but he scared the living daylights out of me! Yet despite my mishapps, I still had a great night…

Congratulations, N&A! You were the wedding of the summer, and I hope that same bright sun and full moon you had that night shine on in the rest of your days and nights! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment