Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Malaysia, Langkawi Day III:

This morning I woke up feeling excited as ever. Today was our Island Hopping Tour and what an adventure it was! The tour first included a visit to Pulau Dayang Bunting which “has the famous Lake of the Pregnant Maiden, which is a very unusual geological feature of Langkawi. It is a deep freshwater lake separated from the seawater by a very narrow wall of rock.” When we arrived there, we were greeted by a monkey. It blew my mind, and I thought what an adorable little creature! I obviously took my camera out and snapped the living daylights out of it. Then mum pushed me to move along or I would have spent the whole day just photographing it. Then, another monkey popped up. And then another. And the more I looked, the more I found monkeys. This place should have been called monkey island:

After about an hour, it was time to head back to the boat and on to another island. Along the way, the boat driver stopped us at a place (more like a stretch of water) called Pulau Singa Basah for Eagle feeding just like we did had done two days ago. Unfortunately, I later found out that even though “eagle feeding may be an awesome sight but the birds are fed chicken skin, which is extremely unhealthy for them.”

We continued on for a swim at Pulau Beras Basah, which was another one of the ninety-nine beautiful islands in Langkawi. It was also completely inhabited by monkeys making my day a monkey of an adventure!

After about a four hour tour that morning, we got dropped back at the hotel where we showered and got dressed to hit Jetty Point, the third Shopping Mall in Langkawi. We had a good lunch at Kenny Rodgers Roasters then found some more of this and that at the mall before heading back…

Today is our last full day in Langkawi and I’m going to miss it. I went out again to the beach to take some last minute pictures of the sunset and wish this gorgeous place goodbye. Next stop, Kuala Lumpur!

No comments:

Post a Comment