Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pictures Of Success

A Camera. Ah, what a lovely contraption, to have and to hold…

When I was nine, I asked for my first camera on my birthday, and my uncle bought me a bright pink Barbie one. He even put in a film for me, with 24 pictures, and I snapped pictures like there was no tomorrow. Unfortunately, it was a crappy plastic camera and only two of the pictures got developed… Two years later, I asked for a camera again on my eleventh birthday. This time it was a Kodak, and again I snapped pictures like there was no tomorrow…

But film got annoying, I couldn’t wait to finish and develop the film to look at what I’d taken. So five years later, I asked for a camera yet again on my 16th birthday. This time it was a Canon Power Shot with 1.3MP, and I loved it…

But somewhere down that line, I bought a Sony Ericson phone with a, low and behold, 3MP camera, and that put an end to my Canon camera days…

By the year 2007 I had gotten fed up with not having a real camera. I had been working as a Marketing Intern that summer, and before I went back to university in September, I had made just enough to buy my very own Sony W55 point and shoot camera, and that was one of the highlights of my summer. I’ve had it ever since but I can never get enough out of it…

So now, looking back at all the cameras I’ve had over the years, and the fact that I kept on asking for one again and again and again, can only mean one thing: I freaking love photography!

So I decided to take it to the next level. I researched DSLR cameras and I got different advice form different people. In the end, I became convinced that CANON was the way to go, and I’ve settled for an EOS450. I check it out in stores in Lebanon and it costs over $1,000. I asked about it at the duty free and it costs close to $900. Then my friend who’s travelling to the states said that he can get it for me from there for less than $700 and now, I patiently wait until his return in two weeks… :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment