Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hush Little Baby

I discovered one of the most beautiful feelings in the world today; I was over at my grandma’s house, playing with my baby cousin, Celine. I had her sitting in my lap, clapping my hands, making funny sounds, and tickling her. She has the most adorable smile in the world. Her eyes light up and she giggles, clapping her hands too…

I remember I was about 9 years old when my then youngest cousin Rand was born. Rand was adorable as well but because I was relatively young, I didn’t get to hold her and play with her as much. Now I’m 22; and we haven’t had a baby in the family for 13 years, so you can imagine the love I have for little Celine…

After a couple of hours though, she got cranky as it was time for her to sleep. She started crying and I held her in my arms and walked with her to gran’s room. I stood at the door and rocked her back and forth, singing “Are you sleeping Brother John?” I sang it about 10 times in a row and she began to close her eyes. Then, I sang Blink 182’s “All The Small Things” (don’t ask me why) and at the chorus of nananannana she was asleep. I then placed her gently on the bed and tucked her in… God, I’m going to miss her to bits and pieces when she goes back to Canada the day after tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment