Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Man In The Mirror: The Michael Jackson Show

It was on the first night of Eid-El-Fitr where my parents were watching the news and I was idly browsing the internet. Fast forward till the end of the news where I heard something about Michael Jackson that caught my attention. I remembered seeing an ad for this MJ Event in Beirut about a month ago and as it turned out, Man In The Mirror: The Michael Jackson Show (a tribute band and act to the late king of pop) was coming to Beirut for four nights (on the 19th-20th-21st-22nd of August)! 

I quickly messaged Sura, asking her if she wanted to go the next night and she was just as excited as I was. So the next night, Sura, her brother, and I head off to Beirut. We left at exactly 7pm (the road normally takes 1.5 hours tops). But, not taking the fact that it was still Eid into consideration, we were still stuck in heavy traffic by 9pm, at the time the show was supposed to start!) All three of us became quite frustrated at the fact that we were missing the show. But somehow, by some miracle, we arrived, parked, got tickets, and were sitting in front of the stage by 9pm!

It was a great performance! I have to admit I had my hopes up a little too high but nonetheless it really was great! They played all of MJ's greatest hits, including my personal favourite, "You Are Not Alone":

I've been trying to upload one of the several videos I took but the internet here is killing me (so bare with me… sigh)

*Update: Finally, Uploaded "Beat It":

No comments:

Post a Comment