Monday, May 14, 2012

Side Of A Bullet

It’s been since Saturday night that my morale has been down. Sunday it got worse, especially as I flipped through the television news channels and online feeds. Add to that the clear sounds of gunshots in the distance that had woken me up since dawn…

I was sitting with my Dad in the living room when we both heard the sound of something breaking in the kitchen. I thought Mum had dropped one of the dishes or something and so we both got up to check if everything was alright. “That was a gunshot!” she exclaimed, pointing at the balcony. We looked outside and to our surprise, we saw this:


What’s surprising is that our house isn’t close to where the clashes are taking place. Sure we can hear them when they erupt, but it’s a good ten minute drive from here to there! It wasn’t until this morning that I woke up to re-inspect the damage that I found this stray bullet on the floor:


It’s got a really sharp edge, and had it actually been directed at our window, or at a person, it would have splattered either! THANK GOD no one got hurt, and my thoughts and prayers go out to our beloved city, TRIPOLI… MAY GOD PROTECT YOU… 

4 comments:

  1. Il hamdella 3al saleme, same thing happened in my house on May 7th (2008) . I know exactly what it feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks God you are okey and your family, may God protects u all !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pity that this is going on in Tripoli. Believe it or not, it was the city I liked the most when I visited. Well, my favorite outside Beirut, that is. I walked there for more than 6 hours and I enjoyed every minute of it. My only regret was that I didn't know anyone there. It was only me and my friend walking around like the tourists that we are.

    Yalla I am sure it will pass. Stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. l hamdellah 3al salemeh... Allah ye7mi Trablos w ahla.

    ReplyDelete