Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ya Noosak

Yesterday afternoon, I went with Dial to City Complex’s Circuit Planete to watch “Ya Noosak” (watch theatrical trailer here), a new Lebanese film I was really looking forward to seeing…

Written and Directed by Lebanese Elie Khalife and Alexandre Monnier, starring Siegfried Terpoorten and Zeina Daccache, “Yanoosak tells the story of Rudi, a Swiss German living in Zurich, who decides one day to move to Beirut to establish a small business and hopefully meet his soulmate. Between one heartbreak and another, he manages to open a small pizzeria. The movie follows this segment of Rudi’s tragic-comic life while revealing how European culture tries to blend into the oriental culture without fully understanding its codes…”

Hmm, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed, and I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would have. I mean compared to other Lebanese movies, we (as Lebanese) have definitely had more success in films like Caramel, Bosta, Falafel, West Beirut, and Zozo... but that's just my take on it, what’s yours?

1 comment:

  1. I was disappointed to! It's a little funny..but u have the feeling that something is missing...
    I'll give it a 6/10

    ReplyDelete