A little less than a week ago, TJ introduced me to a 37 episode anime series, called Death Note…
I started watching it last Wednesday, on the 8th of September and I just finished it today, Sunday, the 12th of September. That’s four days dedicated to watching 740 minutes, almost 12.5 hours of (I’m going to have to agree with TJ) the best anime series of all time!!!
The concept is just brilliant:
“The main character is Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the "Death Note", dropped on Earth by a death god named Ryuk. It centers around Light's attempt to create and rule a world cleansed of evil using the notebook and the efforts of a detective known as L, and subsequently his successors, Near and Mello, to stop him. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name they know, by writing the name in the notebook while picturing their face…”
Here are the first couple rules of Death Note:
1. The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
2. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
3. If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen.
4. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
5. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
"Start looking around you and all you see are people the world would be better off without..." - Light