Sunday, March 7, 2010

Nour's Perfect "Pancake Sunday"

If you’re a friend of mine, then odds are that you’ve heard of “Pancake Sunday”. But just in case you haven’t, here’s the idea: Every Sunday morning, I like to make pancakes for breakfast. Why? Just because!

It all started a couple of years ago when, for studying and exam related reasons, I was spending a weekend in Beirut. It was Sunday morning and one of my best friends Dan suggested we go have breakfast at Café Ristretto in Hamra. I remember I was starving that morning and he suggested I try “The Hungry Pete”. Wow, just thinking about it is getting my mouth to water! The meal is made up of scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast, and then it’s followed with pancakes and maple syrup; Mmm…

So ever since that Sunday, I have pancakes for breakfast each Sunday! Today though, I decided to let you know more about it. The most I’ve done was post a picture of the final product but now I’m going to tell you how to make a perfect pancake...

Because I’m still a beginner, I’m going to start with Betty Crocker. It’s quite simple really; all you have to do is read the instructions on the back of box…

Start by pouring 1 cup of pancake mix with ¾ cup of cold water in a mixing bowl and stir till its all liquid like:

Then, pour ½ cup of the pancake mix in a lightly oil greased pan, heat it, and wait. You’ll notice both the color and the texture of your pancake start to change from white liquid to half-liquid half-solid to off-white solid. When that happens, flip the pancake over till it turns golden brown:

And then, all that’s left to do is eat your hearts out (+ maple syrup):

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had no idea I initiated this :P

    Pancakes look delish btw! ;)

    ReplyDelete