Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Special Valentine's

I’m not a big fan of Valentine’s Day, especially not when I’m single, but despite that fact I can’t help but immerse myself in the holiday spirit. So excuse me for wearing red today and being all about love!

After I got off work yesterday, I had a family lunch and then skipped Toastmasters to spend the evening in Beirut. I went with two new friends. We went to City Mall, where A surprised me with the cutest Valentine’s mug as a gift. After that we went to Downtown and the Beirut Souks, where we also spent another couple of hours. And on the way home, we stopped for a late dinner at a restaurant in Jounieh, where I received a red rose, compliments of the restaurant. It was such a beautiful evening, spent with such beautiful people…

Really, there are some people that make my whole heart smile, and I’m glad that for once I got to feel some of the essence of this hallmarked holiday with such sweet friends; Thank You!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

1 comment:

  1. I think u passed some of ur happiness to me just by reading this entry. How come u didn't add the photo of that mug? I wonder who "A" was :)

    ReplyDelete