Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Pigeon Egg

When I got home from work today, I went outside on the balcony to scan the premises. And by scan the premises, I mean check out if there are any good photo opportunities I could take advantage of with Nonzy (my camera)…

But nope. The buildings, the streets, they all looked the same as they did everyday, nothing interesting in sight. And then, I noticed something. In the corner, where one of mum’s twenty or so plant stood, I noticed an unusually accumulated amount of sticks and straws. It looked much like a bird’s nest:


A couple of hours later, I decided to check up on it again and to my surprise, a new addition had already joined the nest: an egg!


For those of you who used to follow me on my old blog (sunkentreasure6, which is no longer accessible), on March 2nd, 2008 (which was just a couple of days short of exactly a year ago), the same thing had happened! A pigeon had built a nest and laid two eggs on that exact same balcony! Unfortunately, the eggs never hatched…

But according to what I’ve heard, it takes about 20 days for pigeon eggs to hatch (this time around, I’m keeping my fingers crossed!) and maybe, just maybe, I’ll find a second egg in the nest tomorrow! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment